Francisco R. Onate (b. Morelia, Mexico) studied fine arts, from 1959-1968, with Alfredo Zalce, Roberto Martinez and Javier Arevalo at the Popular Fine Arts School in Morelia. In 1973 he creates the contemporary art museums in the towns of Patzcuaro, Sahuayo, Zacapu and the Graphics Museum in Tlalpujahua. From 1973-1989 he exhibits in group and solo shows all over Mexico, Guatemala, Venezuela, Soviet Union and the USA. Since the 1980’s he has produced limited edition print portfolios individually and in collaboration with other artists. He continues to paint and print his linocuts in Morelia where he resides. Currently he directs the Centro de Formación y Producción Gráfica in Pátzcuaro, México.